We are artist Link Ltd, the provider of the Arthub.me mobile application. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
SCOPE OF POLICY
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. In particular, note that we will use your data to propose connections with other Arthub.me users based on your profile information.
For the purpose of applicable data protection legislation, the data controller is Artist Link Ltd.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us (Submitted information): You may give us information about you by completing your profile or filling in forms on ArtHub.me, or by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail or chat). This includes information you provide when you register to use Arthub.me, subscribe to any of our Services, search for another user, connect with another user, share data via Arthub.me’s social media functions, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with Arthub.me. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, access to your LinkedIn, Facebook or other social media account, your phone number, your age, username, password and other registration information, personal description and photograph
- Information contained in your Facebook account (if you permit us to access it) or other account we ask your permission to access (Social Information)
- Details of your use of Arthub.me and the resources and features that you access, the users you connect with (or you decline to connect with, or who decline to connect with you) (Log Information).
- Location information. Some of our Services require your personal location data to work, e.g. the map plotting the location of various users in any one area.
- Information we receive from other sources (Third Party Information). We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, promoters of events which you may have registered to attend) and may receive information about you from them.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Submitted Information: We will use this to help us provide you with Arthub.me’s various features and personalise your experience; we will also use it to display your profile to other users, and propose you as a potential connection for other users.
- Social Information: We use this to build your profile and to help us decide which other users are good potential connections for you, and whether you are a good potential connection for other users.
- Log information: we use this to optimize and further develop Arthub.me for the benefit of us and all our users.
- Location information: We use location to help users find each other by displaying them on the map comprised in the Arthub.me service.
- Third Party Information: we use this to determine whether we can verify you as a used with a confirmed identity, in the event that we commence provision of a ‘verified user’ function.
We may associate any category of information with any other category of information and will treat the combined information as personal data in accordance with this policy for as long as it is combined.
If we have your consent, we may also use your personal data to provide you with marketing messages about other products and services we provide which may be of interest to you.
Also, we may provide various third parties (including the creators of any community on Arthub.me) with anonymous aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have used the Arthub.me service on any given day).
WHAT IS OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR INFORMATION?
On other occasions, we may process personal data when we need to do this to fulfil a contract (for example, to provide you with the ArtHub service) or where we are required to do this by law.
We also process your data when it is in our or your legitimate interests to do this and when these interests are not overridden by the individual’s data protection rights. Those legitimate interests include providing services to enable our users to make use of the ArtHub service.
HOW LONG WILL WE RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION?
[Personal data is stored by us for varying lengths depending on the nature and purpose for which it was collected. We store personal data in line with any applicable statutory minimum periods, and then review it periodically (usually annually) to ensure it is still necessary to be retained for the purpose for which it was collected.]
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will display to other users some or all of the data we collect from you when you use Arthub.me ⚊ you can control your privacy levels by means of the dashboard area in Arthub.me.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- If our company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
- In order to:
- enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements or to investigate potential breaches; or
- protect the rights, property or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Arthub.me; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Arthub.me includes messaging features. Ensure when using these features that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be seen, collected or used by other users
The information about any rights that might be available to you in relation to the personal information we hold about you is set out below.
If you ask us, we will confirm whether we are processing your personal information and, if so, provide you with a copy of that personal information (along with certain other details). If you require additional copies, we may need to charge a reasonable administration fee.
If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to have it rectified. If we have shared your personal information with others, we will let them know about the rectification where possible. If you ask us, where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you who we have shared your personal information with so that you can contact them directly.
You can ask us to delete or remove your personal information in certain circumstances such as where we no longer need it or you withdraw your consent (where applicable) provided that we have no legal obligation to retain that data. Such request will be subject to any retention limits we are required to comply with in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. If we have shared your personal information with others, we will let them know about the erasure where possible. If you ask us, where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you who we have shared your personal information with so that you can contact them directly.
You can ask us to ‘block’ or suppress the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances such as where you contest the accuracy of that personal information or object to us processing it. It will not stop us from storing your personal information though. We will tell you before we lift any restriction. If we have shared your personal information with others, we will let them know about the restriction where possible. If you ask us, where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you who we have shared your personal information with so that you can contact them directly.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (679/2016), you have the right, in certain circumstances, to obtain personal information you have provided us with (in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format) and to reuse it elsewhere or ask us to transfer this to a third party of your choice.
You can ask us to stop processing your personal information, and we will do so, if we are
- relying on our own or someone else’s legitimate interests to process your personal information except if we can demonstrate compelling legal grounds for the processing;
- processing your personal information for direct marketing; or
- processing your personal information for research unless such processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest.
If we have made a decision about you based solely on an automated process (e.g. through automatic profiling) that affects your ability to use the services or has another significant effect on you, you can ask to not to be subject to such a decision unless we can demonstrate to you that such decision is necessary for entering into, or the performance of, a contract between you and us. Even where a decision is necessary for entering into or per-forming a contract, you may contest the decision and require human intervention. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
You can also exercise these right at any time by contacting us at info@https://www.arthub.me/.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Arthub.me may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of others. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
You can disable your account at any time using the [‘Delete Profile’] button in Arthub.me