We are [Arthubco] Ltd, the provider of the Arthub.me mobile application. We are commit-ted to protecting and respecting your privacy.
SCOPE OF POLICY :
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. In particular, note that we will use your data to propose connections with other Arthub.me users based on your profile information.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is [Arthubco Ltd].
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us (Submitted information): You may give us in-formation about you by completing your profile or filling in forms on Ar-thub.me, or by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail or chat). This includes information you provide when you register to use Ar-thub.me, subscribe to any of our Services, search for another user, connect with another user, share data via Arthub.me’s social media functions, en-ter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with Arthub.me. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, access to your LinkedIn, Face-Book or other social media account, the your phone number, your age, username, password and other registration information, personal de-scription and photograph.
- Information contained in your FaceBook account (if you permit us to access it) or other account we ask your permission to access (Social Information);
- Details of your use of Arthub.me and the resources and features that you access, the users you connect with (or you decline to connect with, or who decline to connect with you) (Log Information).
- Location information. Some of our Services require your personal loca-tion data to work, e.g. the map plotting the location of various users in any one area.
- Information we receive from other sources (Third Party Infor-mation). We are working closely with third parties (including, for exam-ple, promoters of events which you may have registered to attend) and may receive information about you from them.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Submitted Information: We will use this to help us provide you with Arthub.me’s various features and personalise your experience; we will also use it to display your profile to other users, and propose you as a potential connection for other users.
- Social Information: We use this to build your profile and to help us decide which other users are good potential connections for you, and whether you are a good potential connections for other users.
- Log information: we use this to optimize and further develop Arthub.me for the benefit of us and all our users.
- Location information: We use location to help users find each other by displaying them on the map comprised in the Arthub.me service.
- Third Party Information: we use this to determine whether we can verify you as a used with a confirmed identity, in the event that we commence provision of a ‘ver-ified user’ function.
We may associate any category of information with any other category of information and will treat the combined information as personal data in accordance with this policy for as long as it is combined.
If we have your consent, we may also use your personal data to provide you with market-ing messages about other products and services we provide which may be of interest to you.
Also, we may provide various third parties (including the creators of any community on Arthub.me) with anonymous aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have used the Arthub.me service on any given day).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will display to other users some or all of the data we collect from you when you use Arthub.me – you can control your privacy levels by means of the dashboard area in Ar-thub.me.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may dis-close your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If our company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the trans-ferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
- In order to:
- enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements or to investi-gate potential breaches; or
- protect the rights, property or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the se-curity of your data transmitted to Arthub.me; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Arthub.me includes messaging features. Ensure when using these features that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be seen, collected or used by other users.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. we will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Arthub.me may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of others. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
You can disable your account at any time using the [‘Delete Profile’] button in Arthub.me.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.